TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
oh shit youre right
TangoTF just checking bud, everything okay?
I had some medical issues and was in the hospital last month. I was in too much pain to work very much so I am about a month behind. I'm doing better now.

Progress lately has been rapid. The 3D game is almost caught up to the html game in terms of text content. In order to complete the demo, I am polishing certain areas such as changing out lower quality graphics (like Samantha). There is a longer detailed dev post on my patreon for supporters. I have a roadmap for the rest of development.

sam naughty.png

sam dreamy su bs oj.png
I wish I had more time to do everything I want. Ideally I would have kept a monthly html update for the entirety of the project but it is too hard to go on for almost a decade without being paid a decent wage. The html update treadmill was maximum stress for minimum pay which is why the 3D game is so important even though the donations have dropped a lot as updates have slowed. I need something commercially viable that I can sell so that I can continue to make games in the future even if it disrupts things in the short term. Right now I am poor but much less stressed than in previous years despite working more hours. The creative parts of development are a lot of fun. No one wants to finish this game more than me but I also understand that Transfigure is not like most other games and because of this I need to put in the effort to make it as unique as possible.

ibizadalton

Donor
Apr 23, 2019
I had some medical issues and was in the hospital last month. I was in too much pain to work very much so I am about a month behind. I'm doing better now.

Progress lately has been rapid. The 3D game is almost caught up to the html game in terms of text content. In order to complete the demo, I am polishing certain areas such as changing out lower quality graphics (like Samantha). There is a longer detailed dev post on my patreon for supporters. I have a roadmap for the rest of development.

View attachment 3969168

View attachment 3969214
I wish I had more time to do everything I want. Ideally I would have kept a monthly html update for the entirety of the project but it is too hard to go on for almost a decade without being paid a decent wage. The html update treadmill was maximum stress for minimum pay which is why the 3D game is so important even though the donations have dropped a lot as updates have slowed. I need something commercially viable that I can sell so that I can continue to make games in the future even if it disrupts things in the short term. Right now I am poor but much less stressed than in previous years despite working more hours. The creative parts of development are a lot of fun. No one wants to finish this game more than me but I also understand that Transfigure is not like most other games and because of this I need to put in the effort to make it as unique as possible.
take care of yourself it's the priority, I will be patient

Bassjake

Aug 19, 2024
This is a great game my fav path mitch tim bell sister the mitch romance path would have been interesting it has been a few montths since i played hope your doing ok

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

do we have a rough timeline/goal shooting for the next update?
I have not been good at time estimation lately because I am doing a lot of things I've never really done before. I have a lot of goals but timelines keep slipping despite a lot of dev hours. This is partially because I've also put finishing the game above updating the game. Writing also has variable production rates and finishing content with editing often holds me up. I am happy with the progress and I am ticking off boxes on my list daily though. I am about 90%+ caught up to the html game's text. That's the last time-intensive thing holding me back.

I've always done things by feel so until it's right it doesn't get released. For example, the TF3D demo could have been released a year and a half ago but I've delayed it many times because I felt it needed more work. My patrons have helped me refine and test a lot of things and I've gotten a bit better on the art side so the demo is much better than it was when I first released it but it still has some flaws I want to fix. It is also near parity with the html game in terms of text content which will save a lot of dev time in the future. I've essentially gone far ahead to finish the game faster and cut that stage from development to speed things up in the future at the expense of time now. I'm coding in end-game content now far outside the scope of the demo instead of tying the final knot in the bow of the demo.

I was going to post the development log and roadmap but it contains a few things I don't want public yet so you will have to be patient. I have a lot of non dev work to do this month to fund the next few months of development so I can keep going so it is unlikely that there will be a major public release until October or November. I want to release a number of things at once, make a splash, and then keep rolling with regular releases until the game launches, instead of a small trickle of sporadic updates that peter out due to over-extension and exhaustion. I started development on Transfigure almost exactly 7 years ago. I've sacrificed a lot for this project to create something that stands out in the genre. If I succeed I hope some of you will purchase the game on Steam so that I can continue to develop more games in the future.

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes