Ren'Py - Legends of Savvarah: Time of Pariah [DEMO] [ST Sinovar]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Orlox

Nice art and interesting premise, but unfortunately the translation can get pretty awkward at times making it harder to enjoy the written part of the game.

Also, I understand it's not the game's main focus, but the sex scenes are very underwhelming. They're very short, they barely have any descriptions of what's happening and they only have 1 position with 1 image with some variations to show how the scene is progressing.

This all combines to not even being sure what's exactly happening during the sex scenes unless it's actually shown (When did he put it in? Vaginal? Anal? Did he cum inside?) and then it's all over so quickly that it's hard not to be left disappointed.

I'm curious about the story but with the state of the translation and the sex scenes, probably not enough to buy the full version.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

LS47

The premice of this VN is interesting. You're the member of a gang investigating on the death of a fellow gang member, there are multiple gangs and factions in conflict with one another, there are many characters with different motivations and personalities, the kind of stuff you'd expect in that kind of politics-heavy VN; although this one is a very short demo, with very little to sink your teeth into, it does enough to make the plot at least interesting enough to make you want to know more.

The presentation is pretty well done, the character designs are all very detailed and alluring. Most panels are done with a book sketching-like artstyle, but some scenes and illustrations are fully colored and very appealing.

Unfortunately, the presentation is harmed by the very dodging translation from russian to english, and a writing that wants to look smart, but really isn't most of the time. Fight scenes are over in a couple of sentences with no illustrations, and the characters have very confusing names and titles, making it harder to remember who is who and what role do they serve in the plot. Thankfully, most of the lore dump is contained within the codex, but it's a problem that doesn't need to be there.

I'd be interested to see where this goes, but this being a very early release, I'd hold my breath until the meat of the story actually starts.