InfectedCode

Sep 20, 2017
Regardless of what happened with the previous game, I still want to see where this goes. I may not put any money down, but I liked the majority of the last game. Fingers crossed this one sees a better fate.

BigBiggieBig

Jan 6, 2019
So apparently Velm has been silent on Discord and on Patreon since early April, ngl that's not a good sign. Wonder if he's already ditched this one or if he's just trying to push out a big update.

starstar44

Jan 4, 2019
So apparently Velm has been silent on Discord and on Patreon since early April, ngl that's not a good sign. Wonder if he's already ditched this one or if he's just trying to push out a big update.
anyone want to start a betting pool?

either he breaks the land speed record for abandoning projects
or
we actually see him put in genuine effort
for once.

BigBiggieBig

Jan 6, 2019
anyone want to start a betting pool?

either he breaks the land speed record for abandoning projects
or
we actually see him put in genuine effort
for once.
I dislike him as much as the next guy, but I won't say he never put in any real effort. SR up until V0.14 was being updated monthly with decently-sized updates, it was one of the best in-development Hgames on this site in terms of consistent updates.

He fucked it up with the constant remakes, but up until then I'd say he was a very hardworking dev who deserved every penny he got off of Patreon...Was.

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
Honestly ok if he abandons this one, back to game with MC corruption with Lisa-inspiration, and goes light on combat/mechanics.
Really best case scenario is he takes this as a lesson and uses the assets of Saria to actually finish a game and not over-complicate the process.

Belphegor007

Aug 23, 2016
He should really stop making games and just become an artist for hire for games.
He needs to understand that he needs to commit to whatever he decides to work on.
He can't keep making new games and remaking shit.
Simply scale back the scope of your current game or project but fucking finish it and then use the new things you learned for the next project.
He is going to always think of new ideas or learn new skills so he is never going to make the perfect game.

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
He needs to understand that he needs to commit to whatever he decides to work on.
He can't keep making new games and remaking shit.
Simply scale back the scope of your current game or project but fucking finish it and then use the new things you learned for the next project.
He is going to always think of new ideas or learn new skills so he is never going to make the perfect game.
If there was a perfect game for limited scope: Cogito Line was it. Limited combat, CG collector, limited NPC interaction. He could've spent a year (or two) just grinding it out and just make it a short game with an actual ending. It'd not be great, but it'd be perfectly functional and complete.

Reactions: Grufix

Calamity1254

Apr 29, 2020
Honestly feels like this guy has commitment issues. Gets an idea, tries it while having fun working on it, gets tired, abandons. Loop repeats. I sincerely hope he can figure his stuff out already, otherwise he will be jack of all trades and master of none, with zero finished products to show for it.

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes