4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

LuxoGames

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2023
I highly recommend implementing features that show the player where and/or when content is available, and additionally make passing time less tedious. I like the ability to pass time in smaller increments, but it is tedious and frustrating to: Go To Room -> Sleep 1h -> check every location -> Repeat this 15-ish click process in the hopes of finding unmarked content.

Common solutions for content indication are things like character icons at places they are present, or a schedule page with information about where you can find a given character at any given time. Some even implement both.

As for passing time, a common solution is including that on the side bar.

These ideas are just examples and may not be the solutions you envision, but you should endeavor to minimize the amount of meaningless time-wasting you thrust on your players if you want to maintain interest.

All that said, I like the premise and look forward to seeing where this goes. Good luck!
Thanks for the tips. I will definitely focus on making it easier to experience all parts of the game. I am already working on a system that will help with that.

Reactions: nazuky and Laki IH

Freundin aus Denken

Jan 31, 2024
Love seeing Sweetie Fox but right now it barely feels like a demo. The intro is decent but the way you have to dig for any content past that, even with cheats, feels somewhat pointless. Never been a fan of spamming bathroom over and over in any game.

Reactions: LuxoGames

LuxoGames

Game Developer
Mar 16, 2023
Love seeing Sweetie Fox but right now it barely feels like a demo. The intro is decent but the way you have to dig for any content past that, even with cheats, feels somewhat pointless. Never been a fan of spamming bathroom over and over in any game.
I'm working on a system that will make it easier to find all the content without checking every location multiple times. Thanks for the feedback.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote