VN Ren'Py Project Codename: "Gauntlet" [Development Thread]

Axi_Ohm

Dec 30, 2023
Gauntlet_Promo.jpg
Project Codename: "Gauntlet"

Hello and welcome to the Dev Thread of an Adventure Time parody VN that I'm currently working on.
As of now the VN title is still to be determined hence the codename "Gauntlet".

Overview:

The Lich is coming back! Armed with a new Hero's Gauntlet gifted by the Ultimate Hero, Billy and some *secret* chapters of the Enchiridion, Finn must embark on an adventure to gather and recharge all NINE Gems of Power to defeat the Lich once and for all. However, the Gems can only be re-energize with the power of...
L-Lo-Liking someone a lot.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Game Design

Visual Part of VNs

What you can expect to see in this project.

Characters

ANIMATION

There will be animations :3

Tags

Axi_Ohm

Dec 30, 2023
Progress Update

The bulk of the battle UI is done. Next is making face icons to put it in the circle in the health bar that will show the stats when clicked.
Probably have to do some minor adjustments for sprite positions too.

Screenshot 2024-08-22 110223.png

Reactions: TheExordick

Axi_Ohm

Dec 30, 2023
Progress Update

Almost done lewding this Hotdog monster into another mimic. I thought to myself "This is exactly the same as the burger but elongated lol" so I went back to the drawing board.
In hindsight, the answer is literally right in my face. Here's a rough sketch of the Hotdog Lamia

Hot_Dog_Monster.png Lamia Hotdog.jpg

After I'm done with the Lamia, only 6 more enemies to go for Joshua's Dungeon :D

Axi_Ohm

Dec 30, 2023
Progress Update

Done making the character profiles screen. Totally underestimated the effort needed to keep the Holo-tech aesthetic passable since I've never used a "light" brush before. 2 more screens with this aesthetic.
See ya in a bit and best of luck, future self.

profile_screen.png

Axi_Ohm

Dec 30, 2023
Progress Update

Progress has been slow due to IRL. Done with both status screen and quest screen as well as their respective logic.

Status Screen:
status_screen.png

Stats Progression:

Standard stats increase in exchange for points. Status points can be earned from quest and level ups.
EXP has a level cap that is proportional to each level; Meaning you HAVE to "Level up" by giving the EXP to the Guardian Angel or the additional EXP will go to waste. The Guardian Angel will then perform the levelling "ritual" with Finn *wink*. So look forward to levelling up :)

Quest Screen:
quest_screen.png

Quest:

As of now, the questing logic can handle scalable Fetch, Bounty, Location, Stats, and Investigation(Talk to) types of quests. Anything else is probably redundant as every quest ultimately boils down to a fetch quest with extra flavor text LOL.

That's all for this progress update. Thanks for tagging along on this ride.

Axi_Ohm

Dec 30, 2023
Progress Update

Great news, finished coding all the boring framework stuff. Now I can finally work on the BEST part.
Content.

Here's a taste of using the Gauntlet on a defeated enemy.

win_lamia.png

Axi_Ohm

Dec 30, 2023
Progress Update

Sketched 2 more static scene for the Lamia after that I'll be moving on to her animation scene.
I'd say 3 static and 1 animation is adequate for a 0.0.1 release... Even though I have more ideas.
If I keep adding stuff I'll never be able to publish this. Pray for me to resist the temptation T-T.

Here's a preview:
win_lamia_02.png

win_lamia_03.png